Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yummy cod recipe and crib net

Yesterday I bought some fresh cod at the super market, I needed a recipe to go with it. I found this yummy one:

Red Lobster Nantucket Cod

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 lemon, juice of
2 small tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Spice Blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 dash black pepper
1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions
1Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
2Preheat oven to 425°. Cut fish into 4 (two per serving), and place fillets in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
3Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Brush the top of each fillet with butter, squeeze little lemon juice on the fish, then sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the top of each fillet.
4Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices over top of each fillet.
5Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over each tomato slice. Each slice should be about half covered.
6Bake the fish, uncovered, for 8 minutes, then turn oven to a high broil and continue to cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese on tomatoes begins to brown.
7 Serve two pieces of fish per serving with rice on the side.

Before the oven.....


After the oven.....


It was super yummy, I fixed turnip greens and brown rice to go along with it. It is definitely something I will make again.

*******************************************************************************
OK, remember me telling you about the crib issue? Well, The net has finally arrived. It was on back order forever. Let me just tell you what Mr. Mac was doing. He was hopping right on out of his bed at night and laying on the floor by his closed door, (I have a knob cover on it, he can't open). He will lay on the cold floor and go to sleep. It was pitiful, I'm so glad this thing has finally arrived. I bought it from CSN baby.com


It's not the prettiest......




Tomorrow I'll be back to share those Cozumel pictures!!


No comments: