Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lamps transformed

I'm very happy with how my lamps turned out!! They were pretty to start with, but just not the look I was wanting. I tried to take them back to Hobby Lobby, but they were only going to give me 23.00 for the pair because I could not find my receipt. NO THANK YOU!! :)

So I went right next door to Joann's and bought me some creamy burlap and some trim. The total was 12.50.

My favorite spray paint is Heirloom White, So I gave them a quick coat. Then the lamps were super easy to cover, laid that burlap out and got my hot glue gun and covered the babies up! I used my hot glue to add the trim around the top as well. I'm going to get some more trim and glue to the bottom. And that was all there was to it.

Here's the before......

And the afters........





And of course my little monkey that helped me with the project and the pictures.....


Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Nicely done! I love how the burlap looks...might have to copy you on this one! :)
Carrie

Anny said...

Wow this is so pretty! That lamp classed right up. I love your plates too :)

Mandy said...

I saw this post awhile back & meant to tell you what a great job you did...and THEN I saw burlap lamps in the Pottery Barn store last weekend...trendy as always! ;)