Thursday, July 16, 2009

I LOVE cast iron!

Well, I finally got my white cast iron sink and new faucet. I'm so excited, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The pictures are not that great, but believe me it makes a big statement in my kitchen. I have been wanting a farm sink,but we would of had to redo some cabinets, and I just couldn't justify that, so I got just the basic cast iron sink. Cast iron is great because it will not scratch!! the faucet is a long goose neck oil rubbed bronze faucet. I have always wanted one of those big things!


I also took off three of my cabinet doors in the kitchen to show off my fine china, Ha!! really not fine, it's are everyday dishes. It really gave it a open clean feel to the room. My husband didn't think it was that grand, but Oh, well he will get used to it. I told him it would grow on him! I really am happy with the results.

Oh and yesterday, I found these Thomasville Windsor chairs at Tuesday Morning. Let me just tell you what I paid for them, they were on clearance for 69.99 and all clearance was buy one get one half off! It was a total score. We are having a custom farm table built for the breakfast room, We have just outgrown ours. I'm going to do 8 chairs and want to mix and match them. So with four of these babies, I just need four more different chairs. Thomasville has excellent quality and I was not about to pass theses up. They are such the feel I'm wanting.


You can't tell from the pictures, but there is great detail to the staining on these. They look old and that's what I wanted.

I have also been working on my staircase. Rhonda, at Southern Hospitality has been my inspiration. I will post some pictures of it when I'm done. Go and check her wonderful blog out! Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Roeshel said...

I love your sink and faucet. SO envious. Our kitchen is on the to-do list but probably not until next summer. Boo. And great deal on the chairs!