Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Garage sale finds

I found some great finds this past weekend at some local garage sales. I know garage sales are a hit and miss,but you really can find some neat things. Sometimes you have to think outside the box, on what you can do with an item,or how you can paint it. It makes me feel so good, because you get some unusual things and hardly spend any money.

Here's some items I picked up this past weekend.

This rooster lamp goes perfect on my bakers rack in the kitchen, I love the details and the feathers on the shade....

This HEAVY thing to hold my firewood was a boring black color and with some spray paint I gave it a whole new fresh look. It was 3.00, It was a steal!.....

I'm not sure the dates of these pieces, but I'm thinking the 1950's. I love the unusual color of green that it is. I paid 4.00 for the creamer set and 5.00 for the little covered dish.....

Oh, and I love how this little antique table turned out. I snatched this up for 8.00. It was a dark brown color and I just spray painted the base and left the drawers the original color. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The old books sitting on top were a find also, 1.00 a piece. The table sits perfectly by my back door.


Let me know what items you find this weekend on your outings! Have a great day and try to keep cool.


No comments: