Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flea Market finds

I have been in the mood lately to go flea marketing, that's what I call it! I have been on the lookout for white plates, and have came across several. The thing I love most about flea markets is a lot of times it is so cheap. I hung the plates in an arrangement over my bed, I still want to add to it and make it fuller. I love the way it is turning out. My husband was like " Why are you hanging plates above our bed? Are you sure about this?" I assured him it was going to look good! Ha, MEN :)



I also have found several milk glass pieces, this little compote I filled with shells and put it on the nightstand, for a summer feel. You can't go wrong with milk glass.

And a milk glass bowl, not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it was 3.00!

And I found two white cake plate stands, FIVE DOLLARS a piece. I set one in my hearth room and added some red birds.
I plan on hitting some local garage sales in the morning. I will show my goodies off, if I find any!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

You have a gorgeous home - I've looked back through your blog! Looks like a model home - great job!

Mandy said...

LOVE those plates!
LOL @ Charlie...too funny!

April said...

ok we need to do a DNA test to see if we were separated at birth by some crazy nurse! love how you garage sale, love your treasures, love your perspective on being a sahm and it's obvious you embrace it. your home is so cozy and chic! and your little guys are just as sweet as can be.

the only thing i can't say we share is the gardening- i really haven't tried that hard b/c it looks like so much work. but you seem to have a great hand on it. thanks for inspiring me!