Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wonderful weekend

Charlie planed up a little trip for us on Saturday. He got his sweet parents to come and stay the night here and keep the boys while we had a little night on the town....We had so much fun, shopping, eating at Cajun's last night. We went and walked the Big Damn Bridge at sunset and even drove around downtown and looked at old beautiful houses. We stayed the night at the Capital Hotel. Any Arkansas people, you need to stay there... Amazing hotel. It was even featured in May's Southern Living. They just went under a 28 million dollar remodel. Some of the original elements were left, Just wonderful. Charlie surprised me as well with chocolate covered strawberries and a pitcher of tea. I LOVE me some tea!! He also had  flowers waiting. I'm such a lucky girl to be married to such a wonderful man.

It is absolutely beautiful here today. The boys were dying to get in the frigid water this afternoon. I told them they would freeze, but they didn't care, I don't think kids get cold!

CM played around and had fun watching the boys.
Charlie and I have been working outside a lot here lately. so much to do when you have a big yard! I do enjoy working in the yard and just being outside.
Carson and Cole playing with water guns, yes I got sprayed! I wasn't very happy!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend as well. We are going to grill some hamburgers on the grill for dinner and just chill. I will be back tomorrow to share my dining hutch redo and Carson's birthday.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh, I'm soooo jealous. I'd love a night away!!! Good for you guys!! I can't believe you all are swimming...crazy!!!! Still too cold here. Beautiful pool!

Cheri said...

What a sweet husband you have! I love it when I am surprised with a trip away - sure rejuvenates the mind and spirit. That hotel looks awesome - might have to plan a trip there one day.

Our pool is tempting me, but just too cold yet. lol

Glad you had a great time on your trip!