Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Carson's finished room....

Ugh, the flu virus hit around here. I have been busy taking care of sick people. Everyone is back at school and work though. Praise the Lord!!

I told you all I would post Carson's room, I just love how it turned out.


He loves his new "big bed"! He sleeps on both sides, makes for a mess in the morning. we got his bed at Oak express, if you live in the Little Rock area, check that place out, fabulous quality and prices.

I absolutely love these book ledges from Pottery Barn. We had these in his old room too, but I just love them.

I repainted his desk and hutch red and glazed over them a bit too, to give it a worn look. The chalkboard frames were just ugly rooster prints, And I painted over them with chalkboard paint. They look much better now! I framed a star as well, just added some burlap and glued on the star.


I told you about the 4.99 pillows from Ballard's. What a steal!!

I ordered a natural color slipcover to cover his cowboy chair, a great expensive way to change a chair.


I hope you like his room as much as I do. I had fun working on it, and am happy to report that Carson loves it.

I'm going to get back into blogging, I have been so busy and lazy as the same time, HA! I'm going to try to blog EVERYDAY! Now that's a challenge for me!

I guess I better get back to laundry and ironing.

Happy hump day.



13 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

GREAT JOB!!!!
LOVE everything! It is fantastic-

Michelle said...

I love it!!!

Chris said...

I'm in love with this room. The colors, the bed...everything! Nicely done!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Love your boys' room! I am the mom of 4 boys, so I need all the inspiration I can get.
Blessings,
Traci

Jennifer @ The Craft House said...

It is great! I love the colors!

brooke said...

Darling! I just want to say I think your three boys are adorable. I love seeing cute little boys and a happy mama. I'm pregnant with my third boy (though I do have a girl in the mix.) I might have to steal some ideas for my boys' rooms.

Magic Brush said...

I have 2 little boys and then a girl! I love the style of this room! It's right up my alley! Score on those pillows!

Stop by my painting blog and say hello sometime!

Blessings, Jennifer

Twigs @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

fantastic! our cherry oak furniture will be heading to our guest room soon. if yet to be made baby is a boy, it will be his room eventually. plan is to paint it red if that's the case.

Tonya said...

Great job! lucky little boy!

Mandy said...

It's perfect!

So Carson! :)

Laura Lynn said...

Love it! I saw you over on Feature Friday at JaG. I am in the process of decorating my boys' room and this is great inspiration.
Thanks,
Laura @ Enjoying the simple things

sfretwell said...

I love the room! I found your blog from Just A Girl and am so glad I did! Where did you find the comforter? I am looking for a denim or chambray duvet cover or comforter for my little boy's room.

Stephanie
sfretwell@suddenlink.net

kuestermom said...

where did you get the slipcover for the chair? thanks! love the room!